Author Topic: Welcome to Sheloya's Community - Read this first!  (Read 31 times)

Offline nicole

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Sheloya.com
Welcome to Sheloya's Community - Read this first!
« on: October 06, 2018, 02:15:29 PM »
Welcome to Sheloya's forums for African and diaspora spirituality discussion. This is a place where my friends, clients, and other interesting people can hang out, keep track of what's going on, share, and ask questions.

The forum is free, but to make things more convenient for regular contributors to the sites, my projects, and the ile, and students, there are paying options. See the Members section for details.   

I would like to ask that everyone feel free in their discussions, but be mindful of everyone's freedom. Be respectful to one another, and if you bring up a touchy subject, don't get butt hurt when someone disagrees with you.

Anyone hanging around here should be aware that we are not "white light" new age folks. There will be discussion of things like aggressive magick, vengeance, justice, and warring witchcraft.  If you come with a judgy attitude and sectarian politics, understand that your days are numbered. We do not believe in our-way-is-the-only-way religion. Where there are boundaries of what is appropriate or inappropriate, I will not tolerate slandering or calling people frauds or charlatans just because your ile uses a green bowl where someone else's uses a blue one.

Also, please be aware that there are many people coming from more traditional backgrounds while others came through Wicca, "shamanism", and other very different, and some badly co-opted and culturally disrespectful or "white people trap" type paths. Though I fail in patience myself sometimes, let us all try to be understanding and helpful and gentle as possible in correction and clearing the air of misinformation.

If you are interested in becoming a student, please see the Prospective Students board. Make sure to carefully consider the Code of the Acolyte before signing up.

Be aware that some boards are public and open to guests, while others are private. Please respect everyone's privacy.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We have a help board for those in needs of assistance.

Blessings and Ashe!
 ~ Sheloya
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:02:23 PM by nicole »

© 2017 Sis. K. Nicole T. Lasher and/or respective authors.

Each poster owns all of their original content. Please do not copy or repost anything here without permission.